M.V.Ruparelia, Chief Patron, All India Senior Citizens Confederation (AISCCON).
A503 Rashmi Utsav, Near Jangid Estate & Vijay Park, Mira Road (E). District Thane, Maharashtra. 401 107. M.09821732855. E/Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Date: 7-2-15.
Shri Ratnakar Gaikwad,
State Information Commissioner, (Right To Information Act, 2005),
Sub: Information in respect of delay in replying several representations from Senior Citizens. IInd Appeal dt 10-8-14, Application dt 22-4-14.
Ref: Your Speaking Orders dt 17-10-14 dismissing IInd Appeal.
1. I am senior citizen 81, suffering from incurable Lung Disease, called IPF due to which I am not able to walk even 2-3 steps or do any activity without having intolerable breathlessness, coughing etc. For a very long time, I was not able to look after myself independently, admitted to Hospitals twice, bed ridden during the time of above IInd Appeal and could not see your communications or reply them. Now, some recovery in general health has come, though breathlessness on walking 2-3 steps continues.
2. On seeing papers now, it is observed that above IInd Appeal was dismissed without examining documents available with IInd Appeal & produced by PIO. PIO`s statement that requested information was given by her in her letter dt 2-6-14 is completely incorrect and misleading. I enclose her letter dt 2-6-14 for ready reference, simple perusal of this letter will reveal that no information is given, as requested in Application dt 22-4-14. No reply is given by Appellate Authority to whom 1st Appeal indicating the incorrectness of reply of PIO was given. 7 Important points of not giving information were brought out in IInd Appeal in para 9 of IInd Appeal, which were also not examined and refuted/accepted in Speaking Order. Presence of Applicant during Hearing is not a must as per the RTI Act, 2005. AA has to examine documents and give reasoned speaking orders.
3. Simple information is requested as to what delays the dealing and replying 15 letters listed in Application. For e.g. first Representation dt 17-10-13 to CM by name for State Policy on Senior Citizens declared on 30-9-13 followed by Bombay High Court`s orders no. Y-5301(iii/13)/1582/2013 dt 31-12-13, again followed by their orders no. Y5301(i/14)360/2014 dt 25-3-14 and many Media Reports not replied so far. Reply of PIO does not give any information for this. Government of India has declared all Indian Citizens of 60 years as senior citizens in entire India. Law of the Land, as laid down in Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007 has laid down statutorily that in India, citizens of 60 will be considered as senior citizen. How can the Richest and Most Advanced State of Maharashtra declare that in Maharashtra, citizens of 65 only will be senior citizen. Even toughest department of Central Government viz Income Tax Department has considered citizen of 60 as senior citizen!! Meetings with Joint Action Committee of large number of associations of senior citizens are not held for finalizing this issue affecting 33 lakh senior citizens, deprived of being called senior citizens.
4. All 15 representations do not pertain to Policy framed in Sept, 13 on which no action is taken even after 17 months for items accepted in Policy and not requiring any monetary support. International Days for senior citizens are not celebrated in Mumbai, ignoring and insulting Elders of this most advanced State and no reply is given for such representations also. 16 schemes of Integrated Programme of Ministry of Social Justice for which money is given by Central Ministry, no instructions are being issued to Municipalities & Panchayats for which no money is to be spent by State, only circular is to be issued and pursued periodically. Neither circular is being issued nor reply to representation to CM is being given.
5. Out of 15 representations, there are 5 RTI Applications, which are not replied, though sent by registered /speed posts. As AAs nor anybody in this Ministry do not bother about appeals/correspondence/representations from Public, Rs 20 for fees and registered postage charges are not spent. Even SIC`s Orders are not carried out and replies are not given for non-compliance of orders.
We shall be thankful, if you also being senior citizen consider this sorry state of affairs in Maharashtra and do needful.
With Blessings & Best Wishes,